Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009


We had so much fun on New Year's Eve! Our friends Jen, Steve, Jen, and Peter joined us to celebrate.

Everyone brought something and we had a great dinner, lots of champagne, interesting conversation, and confetti at midnight. Lots of confetti at midnight...I was in heaven!


I actually couldn't have enjoyed myself more.

Yesterday Matt and I started off the day by going to our first yoga class at Liberation Yoga. The instructor spent most of the class talking about new beginnings and reflecting on the challenges of 2009. It was so uplifting - a perfect way to start off the new year. My favorite thing that she said was that 2010 is a blank book. We have 365 empty pages - how do you want to fill them? I loved hearing that. The year is ours to make whatever we want out of it.

After class, Matt and I walked to the Grove to eat lunch at the Farmer's Market and talk about our goals for 2010. We also talked about what we have learned in the past year. Then we spent an hour in Barnes and Noble picking out magazines for our visualization boards. I will post a photo of mine when it's finished. Overall, I have such a hopeful feeling for this new year. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have a chance to start over, even if it really is just a mental reset. The year is already off to a great start.

I hope you had a wonderful new year's celebration. Off to yoga.

Jessica O.

1 comment:

  1. yea! i am so excited to hear about your yoga adventures. i am so glad you are doing that- and SO glad you are enjoying your new (old?) hood! :-)

    ReplyDelete