Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday!


It’s Friday! I am so excited for the weekend. Tonight Matt and I have a business meeting to talk about goals, planning, 2010, etc. We are on a roll with this! Tomorrow I am going to a macrobiotic cooking class (again with Warren Kramer) and of course, to a yoga class.

I watched a DVD yesterday with a presentation by Wayne Dyer. He is a self-development author and speaker who is really fascinating. At the end of the presentation, he actually had the audience sing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” and went on to describe it as an analogy to life. His points were that we all need to be rowing our own boats and not trying to row anyone else’s, and that we should be moving forward with the current of life and not against it. (Singing this nursery rhyme sounds a little nuts as I write this, but just know that it was really effective after everything that he had been talking about.) Anyway, it really struck me that I haven’t been very good at rowing my own boat. Matt and I talk endlessly about our goals, his work, etc., but I have not really figured out with myself where I want my life to go. What direction I, as an individual, am heading. And then I realized that it’s a lot easier to try to row someone else’s boat (that is ultimately an impossible task but uses up so much energy) than it is to figure out what direction I want mine to go in…and to take it there.


Enjoy your weekend!

Jessica O.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my friend! I'm glad you're feeling better and moving forward in a more positive and healthy direction. Can't wait to hear more about macrobiotic cooking - sounds fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete