Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is Macrobiotics?


Last night Matt and I went to hear Warren Kramer speak about macrobiotics. It was so interesting! I thought macrobiotics was some scientific way of eating where you had to be vegan and eat mostly raw foods. Not true at all. Macrobiotics means “great life” and is a structured approach to life, health, and living well in the environment in which you live. It is a way of eating and overall healthy living that gives you the freedom to do what you want in life. The study of macrobiotics also includes health care, cooking, health problems diagnosis (using external cues from the body), and body work (shiatsu, acupressure, etc.).

The other thing that I couldn’t believe was how healthy each of the people’s skin was who practiced macrobiotics. It was like their skin was dewy and glowing. So, Warren is hosting a cooking class on Saturday, and I decided to go. I'll write more this week.

Jessica O.

3 comments:

  1. so cool! there are going to be some amazing classes and events up here at the whole foods in pasadena- we should go to one together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Are you going to his Saturday class? I will be there cooking in the kitchen.

    Would love for you to check out my blog and my cooking classes.

    Best,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy - I will be there on Saturday! What is your blog address?

    Erika - I would love to meet you for a class at Whole Foods. Maybe early February?

    ReplyDelete